Roatan is part of a cluster of island archipelagos situated ten to forty miles off the northern coast of Honduras. It is located between Utila and Guanaja Islands and is knows as one of the gems in the western Caribbean. Once ruled under the British Colonial, it is now part of the Republic of Honduras with a historic and diverse culture. These Islands are surrounded by the largest barrier reef system in the northern hemisphere. The Mesoamerican Barrier Reef is second in size to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef making it one of the best scuba diving spots in the world.
Roatan is among the most attractive destinations for international commute, as many seek its simpler lifestyle, with a closer to natures touch leaving behind the big city life. This tropical beauty is rich in culture, very family oriented and safe to raise and enjoy your family. Life after retirement and smart investment opportunity await you with undeniable future growth.
- Miami to Roatan with American Airlines.
- Dallas to Roatan with American Airlines.
- Atlanta to Roatan with Delta Airlines.
- Houston & Denver to Roatan with United Airlines.
- Toronto & Montreal to Roatan with SunWing.
- Toronto & Montreal to Roatan with Transat.
- Toronto to Roatan with West Jet.
- Belize City to Roatan with Tropic Air.
- Guatemala City to Roatan with CM Airlines.
- Local Honduran Airlines, Sosa, Lanhsa & CM Airlines have numerous daily flights to/from Roatan from San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa, La Ceiba, Utila and Guanaja
- La Ceiba is the connection point for the ferry to Roatan. The Galaxy Wave Ferry departs from the dock “Muelle de Cabotaje” in La Ceiba to Roatan twice daily and from Roatan to La Ceiba twice daily.
- The Galaxy Wave Ferry dock in Roatan is located at Dixon Cove half way between French Harbour and Coxen Hole.
Some Activities you can Enjoy
The Island offers numerous water and land activities for everyone, from scuba diving to snorkeling with the most stunning and colorful underwater creatures on the second largest barrier reef in the world. You can enjoy sailing, regular or water sport fishing; In fact, “fishing” is the oldest livelihood of the Island people and Roatan is well known internationally for its strict sport fishing policy ‘Catch and release” of several species but famously for its annual blue marlin tournament.
Roatan contains the best of all worlds, you can rent a car and explore on your own or take a tour around the Island and discover everything from deserted beaches to historic caves. Visit quaint villages with unique culture, tradition and cuisine or enjoy the amazing resorts options and fun experiences for families. Last but not least it is a popular Caribbean destination in tying that sacred knot with that special someone and saying “I DO”, it is truly a little piece of paradise.
For more Island activities and attractions visit https://mjtoursandattractions.com
Visas & Immigration
Ensure to check your passport expiration date before you purchase your tickets. If your passport expires in less than three (3) months from the planned travel date, you may be denied entry into the country. Please check with the nearest Honduran Embassy to verify if you require a visa to enter Honduras, citizens of USA, Canada and many other countries are issued a visa on arrival in Honduras. Length of Stay: You may stay in Honduras for up to three (3) months with a tourist visa. The visa can be extended once beyond three (3) months for thirty (30) days extra. If you overstay your visa, you will be required to pay a fine before leaving the country.
Explore Roatan in more details by visiting the following official sources: